Concord has been rated one of the safest and best places to live - not only in New Hampshire, but in the country.
Each year, the Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce presents its Citizen of the Year Award to honor a member of our community who has shown exceptional leadership, performance in several areas of community service over many years, and for contributing to the general benefit of the community. The nominee does not have to be a member of the Greater Concord Chamber or the business community. We will accept completed nominations as outlined below, from members and the public, until Friday, September 28, 2018.
• Participates in activities that make a difference in the community and our quality of life.
• Strives to improve and preserve the community.
• Models exceptional ethical qualities.
• Shows great citizenship and volunteer spirit that spans over several years.
The completed nomination must include:
1. Nomination form:
Print (Hit "print" and please write legibly) OR
Electronic (Do a "save as," type your answers in the PDF, and send it to us) OR
Online (Send an online submission form through our website that allows you to save the form and come back to it later, as well as upload supporting documentation about the candidate).
2. Letter stating the candidate’s qualifications for the award, written by one of the nominators.
3. And any additional documentation to support nomination if necessary, e.g., information about awards received, press releases or news articles citing community involvement, candidate’s resume, etc.
• The Chamber will accept nominations by mail, fax, email or hand delivery to our office on 49 South Main Street, until close of business on September 28, 2018.
• A committee will review nominations received by September 28th.
• The award will be presented the evening of the Chamber’s Annual Meeting and Citizen of the Year Award event on Wednesday, November 7, beginning at 5 p.m. at the Grappone Conference Center in Concord.
No awards will be given posthumously. Nominations will be kept confidential.
Questions? Please contact Tim Sink at (603) 224-2508 or send him an email.